Monday, 3 January 2011

Tim Holtz Alterations Rosette Die

I spotted the Tim Holtz Alterations Rosette die and thought "I can do that wthout the die!" So I had a go, and it failed miserably. It looked ok, but it just did not match up. I used my Hougie board and painfully scored each concertina fold. It too FOREVER. So I gave in and bought a die. I am glad I did, as it has turned out to be a well spent investment. The end product is beautiful and I've had so many adoring comments on my Rosettes.

 I made this rosette for a Friends Birthday card, I used Walnut Stain Distress ink on the scalloped edge than applied a stickles dot to each scallop. I threw out the centre piece die cut and stamped a Happy Birthday onto white card using Versafine Onyx and punched it out.
 This is resulting card. Simple, quick and looks good. Exchange the pink rosette for a brown colour and its suitable for a man!

 This was the second rosette I made, again I distressed the scalloped edge with Walnut Stain, but left out the stickles. This one I used for a Wedding Anniversary card for my In-laws.

For this rosette, I started off with plain white card and applied Dusty Concord Distress Ink, then using Versafine Onyx, I stamped Congratulations and a small butterfly along the die cut. I added Stickles to the scalloped edge and to the butterflies bodies.
I havn't decided where to use this one yet, it will go into my stash for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...